Melissa was admitted to the Kansas Bar in 2019. Melissa attended Kansas State University where she graduated with a B.S. in Agricultural Economics. Melissa then attended Washburn University School of Law where she received her J.D. in 2019 and also received Certificates in Oil and Gas Law and Estate Planning. At Washburn Law Melissa was a member of the Agricultural Law Society, Oil Gas and Energy Law Society, Rural Practice Organization and Tax and Estate Planning Association. Melissa works with individuals and families as a general practitioner working on municipal law; estate planning; probate and trust administration; real estate; and title issues as well as many other matters.
- Kansas State University (B.S. Agricultural Economics, 2016)
- Washburn University School of Law (J.D. 2019)
- Certificate in Oil and Gas Law
- Certificate in Estate Planning
- Melissa grew up in Sedan, Kansas and is a graduate of Sedan High School. Melissa’s parents and sister still reside in Sedan where her family operates a small cow/calf herd. Melissa has always wanted to practice law in rural Kansas. During her time at Washburn Law she was a founding member of the Washburn Rural Practice Organization, an organization that was formed to help encourage the placement of attorneys in rural areas. In her spare time Melissa enjoys spending time with family and getting involved in the community. Melissa is currently a member of the board of directors for the Ellsworth Childcare and Learning Center.
- General Practice including municipal law, real estate, title issues, estate planning, probate and trust, litigation and business law.
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas Women’s Attorneys association
- Smoky Hill Childcare Foundation Board Member
- Ellsworth County Caring Families Board Member
- Member St. Bernard’s Catholic Church